Leesburg Virginia Pest Control
Leesburg has a rich history, named after the ancestors of Robert E. Lee and a refuge for critical federal documents during the War of 1812 and the Civil War. Today, it’s better known as a commuter city with plenty of patriotic celebrations and the birthplace of several famous historians and athletes.
Better Termite and Pest Control is proud to serve a town with this rich history and culture. Leesburg has plenty of residents and commercial businesses that require protection from pests all year round, so Better Termite keeps up to date with pest control best practices and top-tier equipment.
- We are a family-owned and operated business and bring a personal touch to all our clients, building close-knit relationships to last for years
- We use environmentally-friendly equipment and products to reduce our carbon footprint and improve our health and safety measures
- Our comprehensive termite control and all-in-one programs help cover all aspects of Leesburg pest control
- We have flexible scheduling and don’t use third-party call centers to interact with our customers
- We work with the top builders in the Virginia-Maryland region to provide treatment programs
Leesburg Rodent Control
The mouse population has slightly increased throughout Virginia in recent years thanks to climate change, but they luckily haven’t started any epidemics. However, mice are among the most common pests for Leesburg residents, so it’s important to know how to spot their presence in your home.
You can spot mice in your home through the following signs:
- Gnaw marks on your walls, pipes, or food boxes
- Oily residue from mice rubbing up against your walls
- Scratching or squealing sounds in your walls
- Your pets act nervous around certain spots
- Pathways full of mice pellets, residue, or food crumbs
- Unexplained damage to furniture or cupboards
- Strange smells
- Track prints
Mice may look cute, but they can spread disease and damage your home in several ways. They spread disease by directly touching the mouse or their waste when the mouse bites you or eating food they have touched. They can also chew through electrical wires and potentially start fires, which can result in damage and loss of your property.
Mice tend to come in groups when they invade a house, carrying parasites that can spread through your home. They often enter through weep holes, which your home uses to allow condensation and water to drain from the structure, especially if your home has a brick exterior.
If you suspect rodent activity in your home, Better Termite and Pest Control has excellent rodent control for Leesburg residents. In the meantime, you can use these tips to help repel mice.
- Put out cotton balls soaked in ammonia to trick mice into thinking predators are close
- Place traps near holes or behind certain appliances to trap or even kill mice
- Seal any weep holes with foundation repair kits or silicone caulk
- Make a mixture of cayenne pepper, peppermint oil, pepper, and cloves to repel mice.
- Close and seal your garbage containers
Spotting mice is easy, but Better Termite wants to make Leesburg rat control even easier.
Leesburg Mosquito Control
There are over 300 species of mosquitoes in the United States, but Virginia is home to the Asian tiger mosquito, which usually bites during the daytime. It can come out to bite at nighttime, but only when there is plenty of lighting around.
Mosquitos are nuisances most of the time, but like mice, they can spread diseases like malaria, heartworms, and viruses like West Nile and Zika. Many people get sick from these viruses every summer, and some even lose their lives, so it’s especially important to watch out after a mosquito bite.
Luckily, you can take a few simple steps to help repel mosquitoes around your home.
- Once a week, clean out sources of standing water, like bird baths, wading pools, puddles, or tree holes around your home, since mosquitoes like laying their eggs in standing water
- Use bug spray or lotion whenever you spend time outside at night
- Spray larvicide around your yard that contains at least 30% DEET, especially around places where you cannot clean out standing water
- Burn candles that contain lemongrass or lavender oil
- Run a box fan close to you to blow mosquitoes away
- Trim your grass, bushes, and other vegetation down so you don’t rub against them
Better Termite’s mosquito control involves using a special mosquito-eliminating larvicide to trouble spots around your house and backyard. We use only environmentally-friendly products to keep your backyard and family safe. Leesburg mosquito control and Leesburg yellow jacket control keep pests away for a long time without sacrificing your comfort and health.
If you suspect you have a pest control problem in your home, Better Termite and Pest Control is proud to give Leesburg residents pest control they can count on. Give us a phone call or email today for a backyard or home inspection.
Termite Control in Leesburg Virginia: Why It Matters
Termites are a common problem in Leesburg Virginia, and the need for termite control is an issue that homeowners and businesses must take seriously. While these tiny pests may seem harmless, they can cause serious damage to your home or workplace if left untreated. In this blog post, we will discuss the importance of termite control in Leesburg Virginia, why it matters, and how to keep your property safe from possible infestations.
Signs of Infestation:
The first sign of a potential termite infestation is the presence of mud tunnels or tubes near the foundation of your home or business. These tubes are created by the termites to travel within their colonies and provide access to wood sources. If you notice any such tubes on your property, it’s important to get them checked out immediately by a professional pest control service as this could signal an active infestation.
Another sign of a potential infestation is sagging floors or ceilings as well as hollow-sounding walls or door frames. Termites feed on wood and can weaken structures over time if left unchecked. This is why it’s so important to inspect your property regularly for signs of a potential infestation.
Why Termite Control Matters
Termite control is especially important in Leesburg Virginia because these pests can cause significant damage in a very short amount of time. A single colony can consume up to 5 pounds of wood per week! This means that if you suspect you have an infestation, it’s best to act quickly before the damage becomes too severe—or worse yet, irreversible!
Professional Pest Control Services
If you think you may have a termite infestation on your property, it’s best to contact a professional pest control service right away for help with getting rid of them safely and effectively. Professional services will be able to recommend the necessary treatments depending on the severity of the infestation as well as provide ongoing prevention strategies that will keep your home or workplace safe from future invasions.
Termite control is critical in Leesburg Virginia due to the risk posed by these destructive pests. If you notice any signs of an infestation on your property—such as mud tunnels near the foundation or sagging floors—it’s important to contact a professional pest control service immediately for help with eradicating them safely and effectively. Taking preventive action now can save you from costly damages down the line!