How We Protect Your Home
Better Termite & Pest Control uses a multi-pronged approach to tick and mosquito control.
- Site Survey. We survey your property taking note of potential mosquito breeding sites and areas where ticks may nd harborage such as foliage. Once our survey is complete, we’ll provide a treatment plan for your backyard program.
- Mosquito Larvicide Application. We apply a granular larvicide to such areas as low places that hold water, bird baths, plant drip trays, etc. to prevent the mosquito larva from developing into adults.
- Mosquito Adulticide Application with IGR (Insect Growth Regulator). Using a backpack mist blower, we apply a material designed to kill adult mosquitoes on foliage around your property.
- Two granular lawn applications (spring/summer and late fall) are made to combat ticks.
- Damminix Tick Tubes are cardboard tubes containing cotton balls, infused with permethrin. Mice gather the cotton to build nests in their burrows. Young ticks feeding on the mice are killed by the insecticide before they can spread Lyme Disease to you, your family and your pets.
How You Can Protect Your Home Against Mosquiotes
How You Can Avoid Ticks
Here are some tips to avoid tick bites while you’re outside.
- Use a chemical repellent with DEET, permethrin or picaridin.
- Wear light-colored protective clothing.
- Tuck pant legs into socks.
- Avoid tick-infested areas.
- Check yourself, your children, and your pets daily for ticks and carefully remove any ticks.
- Walk in the center of trails away from brush and vegetation.
- Use tick preventive treatments on your pets.